Children can easily get into trouble while playing. No matter how safe a product is or how many precautions are taken, children will find a way to put themselves in danger. Therefore, it is the pool staff and parents who are responsible for keeping everyone safe.
Ensure that all staff/guardians have read and understand these rules:
- Always have someone responsible with supervision when kids are playing on pool platforms.
- Do not leave platforms unattended (in water or on the side of the pool area).
If possible, we recommend removal from the pool when not in use.
- Do not use the platforms for purposes for which they were not intended (e.g. not by adults or older children).
- Do not exceed the recommended number of children playing on the platforms.
- No diving or jumping from platforms.
- No swimming under/through platforms.
- No sliding head-first on slides.
- Follow all assembly instructions to the letter — no shortcuts!
- Ensure all structures are assembled and tested by responsible adults according to our instructions and safety standards.
- Ensure the platform has adequate ballast to make it sink to the bottom of the pool.
- To further minimise slipping, you may wish to:
- add bathtub-type non-slip strips on the platform(s) (commercially available).
- spray platforms with non-skid paint (commercially available).
3. Maintenance & Inspection
- Regularly check that all panels are secured with 4 black panel screws (90degree, ¼ turn).
If not properly secured, the panels can bend and/or collapse along the edges.
- Regularly check that all tubes are secured with colored screws. Do not leave any tube hole open.
- Regularly inspect the structure for loose, broken or missing components.
- Periodically clean the structure to prevent mildew or other bacterial build-up.
- Never lift, lower, carry, pull, move or otherwise stress the platform by the railing or superstructure.
The structures are not welded. Never stress the railings or superstructures.
- Always push the platform out of the pool. Never pull platforms out of the pool.
- Never drag the platform on the ground as this will wear out the components.
- Avoid using the larger platforms in less than 1 meter of water as children may fall off and get hurt on the pool bottom.
- Place on a flat pool bottom surface.
- If possible, place at least 2 meters from the sides of the pool (so children do not try to jump to or from the platform).
- Do not place too close to a pool side that a child could fall between the platform and the side of the pool.